On June 30, 2022, the Times 40 Under 40 Achievers Awards Ceremony was held at the Westin Gurgaon.
The Times 40 Under 40 Achievers Award 2022 honored and applauded 40 of North India’s brightest business leaders, emerging entrepreneurs, artists, sportsmen, musicians and business professionals under 40.
Anjali Phougat, an Indian-American fashion designer, is one of the well-known names on the list of 2022 winners of the Times 40 Under 40 Achievers Award. Anjali Phougat has accomplished everything from winning an Indian beauty pageant to founding a luxury fashion company in the United States. She exemplifies the kind of young, imaginative leader who is willing to go the extra mile to remake business and society. Anjali Phougat received the Times Under 40 Achievers Award, North 2022, for Emerging Women Entrepreneurs in Fashion.
Popular Bollywood actor Sonu Sood presented her with the award and praised her for her achievements and ability to motivate young people today. Sonu Sood, actor, is also a film producer, model, humanitarian and philanthropist. He has received praise for his generosity throughout the pandemic and has been recognized as a real-life hero in India. Anjali Phougat, the creator, was thrilled to receive such recognition from The Times, and she was even more thrilled to receive the award from sonu Sood, a real-life hero beloved around the world.
Anjali Phougat pledges to continue her efforts to make India proud all over the world.
About Anjali Phougat
Anjali Pougat has always loved fashion design and started designing when she was 16 years old. Since then, she has produced bespoke ensembles that have captured the hearts of people around the world. Her fashion career began when she won the Miss Haryana title in 2006, and she hasn’t looked back since. His accomplishments have been a source of great pride for his country and his family over the years. She is currently CEO of Designer Dream Collection, a South Asian luxury company, as well as a social rights activist.
Anjali’s work is favored by a number of high profile celebrities. Harnaaz, the winner of the Miss Universe pageant in 2021, had her jewelry and various dresses designed by her.
• Anjali’s work is the first choice of several celebrities. She also designed jewelry and several outfits for Miss Universe 2021 titleholder Harnaaz Kaur Sandhu, and she proudly wore DDC designs while returning to India, the United States, Indonesia and the Philippines. Anjali’s outfits have also been featured on the 2021 and 2022 Cannes Film Festival red carpets and on the New York Fashion Week runways. She has associated and worked with many Bollywood and Hollywood celebrities including Sonu Nigam, Priyanka Chopra’s sister, Mannara Chopra, Zeenat Aman, Ashmit Patel, Shakti Kapoor and many more.
• Anjali Phougat’s Designer Dream Collection is honored to be one of Dress & Attire’s Top Designers in New Albany on WeddingWire in 2022. Additionally, the 14th Annual Couples’ Choice Awards honor DDC’s top domestic and overseas wedding designers
• Being a woman of color, Anjali understands what it is like to be discriminated against. Therefore, she is committed to promoting inclusivity and acceptance of all people from all walks of life through her business. She deeply respects the LGBTQIA+ community, making her business a safe space for all.
• Passionate about craftsmanship, Anjali strives to make a name for herself around the world. Among his latest achievements is the production of a short film which was screened at the Cannes World Short Film Festival 2021. The film Inclusion through Unity tackled important topics, such as gender inequality and LGBTQIA+ rights. His film also received an award at the Global Short Film Awards for Best Short Film.
• Just recently, Anjali launched her new bridal collection and supported a great cause to save the soil by Sadguru in her fashion show and Bollywood star Ashmit Patel joined her and wore protective clothing from the ground to support the event organized by Anjali Phougat to save mother earth.
Despite her many accomplishments, she believes she must do a lot to give back to the world. She hopes that she will be recognized for all her efforts, so that she can continue to work with the same enthusiasm for her people.